AVA regulates animal welfare and control under the Animals and Birds Act 2002 and its subsidiary legislations, the Animals and Birds (Pet Shop and Exhibition) Rules 2004 and the Animals and Birds (Dog Licensing and Control) Rules.
The Centre for Animal Welfare and Control (CAWC) of the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority was established in 1995 as a one-stop location for matters pertaining to animal welfare and control.
The Centre for Animal Welfare and Control (CAWC) of the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority provides the following services:
To claim impounded dogs or cats, the following fees have to be paid:
In addition, there will be a penalty for each of the following:
- Impoundment fee: S$93 for dog / S$47 for cat
- Boarding fee: S$16.50 per day for both dog and cat
- Licence fee (for unlicensed dogs). See Dog Licensing
- If the dog was not licensed
- If the dog licence has expired
- If the dog was straying
- If the dog was not muzzled (for breeds required to be muzzled in a public place). See List of Breeds
- If the dog was not kept at the premises registered in the licence
For feedback on animal nuisance and welfare issues, please call the AVA Animal Response Centre via 1800 476 1600 or email us.
For other enquiries/feedback, please call the AVA Contact Centre via 6325 7625 or email us.
Alternatively, please visit our Contact Info page.