Frequently Asked Questions
Application and Selection Process
1. When do applications open and close?
The AVA undergraduate scholarship opens for applications in February and closes 2 weeks after the release of the GCE 'A' Level results.
2. What is the selection process like?
Shortlisted applicants will undergo several selection rounds, including interviews, an activity-based assessment and psychometric tests.
3. How long will the entire selection process be?
The selection process will take approximately 2-3 months. Successful applicants will be informed by June of the same year.
1. I am not a Singapore citizen. Can I still apply for the AVA scholarship?
Singapore Permanent Residents intending to take up citizenship may also apply for the scholarship.
2. I am already studying in university. Can I still apply for the AVA scholarship?
Yes, you may apply for our mid-term scholarships.
1. I am already studying in university. If I am awarded the AVA's scholarship, will AVA back pay the fees from my previous semesters?
No, AVA's mid-term scholarship covers fees from the time the scholarship is awarded.
2. Does AVA offer post-graduate scholarships?
AVA only offers undergraduate scholarships.
Universities and Courses
1. Does AVA have a list of approved overseas universities?
AVA does not have a list of approved universities. However, we may consider universities that are accredited by the country's home government.
2. Do I have to apply to the universities on my own or will AVA apply on my behalf?
Applicants should apply to the local and foreign universities on their own.
3. I am interested in studying Veterinary Science/Veterinary Medicine. Which universities should I apply for?
You may like to refer to the Singapore Veterinary Association's website for the list of recognized universities.
4. Must I secure an offer from a university before I apply for AVA's scholarship?
No, you may apply for the universities and AVA's undergraduate scholarship concurrently.
1. What development opportunities can I expect as an AVA scholar?
AVA offers our scholars development opportunities including job rotation to different areas (operations, research & laboratory, and policy & planning), secondment to other agencies, technical training, leadership/management training, and postgraduate programmes.