Requirements for Work Permit Scheme
Farms applying for inclusion in the Scheme must meet these criteria:
- be licensed by AVA and must operate as sole-proprietorship / partnership business firms or companies or as limited liability partnership
- have a CPF account under the “Agritechnology Sector”
- adhere to good farm management practice
- use modern farming technology
- use automated farming process where possible
- optimise use of land for farming
- provide proper accommodation for workers
- adhere to the conditions of the Scheme and Work Permit Policies.
Under the scheme, the foreign workers must meet the following requirements:
|At Point of Application
|18 years old at the point of application
|Source countries: Malaysia and North Asia
||Foreign Workers from these countries must be below 58 years old at the point of application.
|Source countries: PRC and Non-traditional sources
|Foreign workers from these countries must be below 50 years old at the point of application.
- Allowed to work strictly in field of farming jobs as described in Work Permit.
- Any other criteria as required by MOM for employment of foreign workers.
Qualification for Inclusion into Scheme
Farms that have not employed NTS workers before and wish to apply for foreign workers have to complete an application form (Ref Code: FM003).
Maximum Employment Period of Foreign Workers Allowed in Singapore
|Type of Foreign Worker
||Maximum Employment Period